Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A New Day (Aphorism)

"With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts. "
-Eleanor Roosevelt 

     Eleanor Roosevelt was right. No, Eleanor Roosevelt is right. When I have horrible days, or I go to bed feeling like everything has gone wrong, I will wake up the next morning with a clear head and high hopes for a better day. 
     When you get into a chain of pessimistic thoughts it is often hard to pull yourself out of that deflated state. There are days when I feel like life is a living hell, but the truth is all I usually need is a bit of sleep to make that hell feel closer to heaven. Problems, whether social or those associated with schoolwork, that were tormenting me the day before feel so trivial after a good night's sleep. With a fresh outlook I can handle problems that had been too stressful the day before. With a body replenished with energy, I can "seize the day" and take on anyone and anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment